Children’s Early Orthodontic Prevention in Murray, UT
Though our practice does offer a comprehensive selection of orthodontic treatments – including traditional braces, Invisalign, and so much more – we would prefer to treat any childhood orthodontic issues before they become more advanced. That is why we offer early prevention care to children in Murray, UT and the surrounding areas. Ideally, your son or daughter should receive his or her first orthodontic evaluation by the age of seven years.
Early Prevention Benefits
Early orthodontic intervention offers myriad benefits, many of which go beyond simply improving the health of your child’s teeth. These include:
- Because your child’s jaw is still growing at this age, we are able to manipulate the teeth as needed to ensure optimal results with orthodontic treatment. It is important to allow sufficient space for emerging permanent teeth as primary teeth (which are much smaller) fall out.
- When children undergo early prevention treatment, they are less likely to experience more serious orthodontic issues in the future. This means shorter treatment times and less expensive procedures in the future.
- Children whose teeth are properly aligned from a young age are typically more likely to feel confident and to be outgoing, allowing them to make friends easily. Crooked teeth or an embarrassing overbite can lead many children to hide their smiles from others and to feel ashamed of their appearance.
- Early orthodontic prevention significantly reduces the likelihood that your child will require braces as a teen or an adult.
- Difficulties with proper speech development may occur when problems like underbite, crossbite, or overbite are not corrected in a timely manner. Orthodontic issues that are prevented in young childhood are far less likely to cause speech problems.
As is the case with any of our other orthodontic services, we want you to feel comfortable and informed with your proposed treatment plan. Dr. Ben and his staff are here to answer any questions you may have about your child’s orthodontic treatment and overall oral health.
Your Murray, UT Children’s Orthodontist
Entrust your child’s oral health and future smiles to the experienced team at Neibaur Family Orthodontics. Take advantage of our friendly, caring staff and our advanced technology at our Murray, UT orthodontics practice, specifically designed to make you feel right at home. Contact our office today to schedule your child’s orthodontic evaluation. Our team is privileged to serve families from throughout Murray, UT and the surrounding areas, including Salt Lake City, South Salt Lake, Midvale, Taylorsville, Millcreek, and beyond.