The Importance of Early Prevention: Draper, UT Children’s Orthodontics
The American Dental Association recommends that all children receive their first orthodontic evaluation by the time they reach seven years of age. It is at this age that orthodontic concerns typically begin to present themselves. With early intervention of orthodontic problems in children, treatment time is typically reduced as compared to cases that are treated later in life. At Neibaur Family Orthodontics in Draper, UT, our team is committed to helping the families in our community enjoy healthier smiles through early prevention techniques.
Benefits of Early Prevention
Some of the clearest benefits of early orthodontic prevention include:
- Children whose orthodontic issues are treated at a young age are typically more confident and outgoing as they age. They aren’t embarrassed to share their smiles with others because their teeth are properly aligned and healthy.
- Early orthodontic treatment decreases the likelihood that more invasive procedures will be necessary later in life.
- Braces are generally not preferable in adulthood for a variety of reasons, including cosmetic concerns and lifestyle changes. With early prevention, we can reduce the chances that your child will require braces as a teenager or adult.
- The jaw of a child is still developing and growing in order to accommodate emerging teeth. Early prevention techniques ensure that there is enough room for teeth to emerge properly.
- Certain orthodontic issues – including overbite, underbite, and crossbite – can inhibit proper speech development. Taking care of these problems at an early age has the potential to prevent speech problems in childhood and adolescence.
Some early intervention techniques can even eliminate the need for traditional braces later in the child’s life. Dr. Ben will take the time to get to know you and your child, so you can rest assured in the knowledge that the recommended treatment plan is perfectly suited for your unique needs. As always, if you have any questions regarding early prevention or any of our other orthodontic services, please don’t hesitate to ask a member of our friendly, knowledgeable staff.
Schedule Your Draper, UT Orthodontics Visit Today
Your child’s early orthodontic prevention begins with a comprehensive consultation with Dr. Ben and his caring, experienced staff. Contact our office today to reserve your appointment, and discover how easy, convenient and affordable orthodontic treatment truly can be. Our family-focused orthodontic practice in Draper, UT proudly serves patients from throughout the nearby areas of Riverton, South Jordan, Sandy, Alpine, and more.